➢ Make an Appointment
- All PULLS and RENTALS must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
- You can call 416-462-0621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to fit you in, although times may be limited depending on demand.
- Please give us a sense of how long you need.
- All RETURNS need to be scheduled 24 hours in advance, so please set up an appointment.
- All design teams can have a maximum of 3 people, including actors, for fittings.
- We are keeping regular hours, 10-6pm, Monday to Friday.
- We are able to accommodate Saturday appointments with 24 hours notice.
- Absolutely no last-minute requests will be accommodated.
➢ Before Arrival
- Please come prepared with tools you may need to work; measuring tapes, pens, paper, etc. We have limited supplies to offer if you don’t have what you need, and will be sanitizing everything, but it is better to be prepared.
- Doors will remain locked, so please knock loudly or call if we don’t answer immediately.
- If you need us to pull a selection in advance, we will apply an additional fee of $20 per hour of pulling. In this case please have all measurements in inches (not sizes or metric). Staff will avoid cross contamination and wear gloves while pulling.
➢ Working in the Building
- All staff and clients are required to wear MASKS for the duration of the visit.
- We require everyone to sign in at the front desk and provide a phone number.
- We can provide disposable gloves, masks if you don’t have one.
- We have hand sanitizer set up throughout the building, and at the entrance.
- We have set up a socially distanced work station, which will be sanitized after each use.
- The downstairs washroom is available to clients and will be cleaned regularly.
- Please observe the 2 meter (6 ft) physical distancing protocols with all staff members where possible.
- Do NOT go behind the counters or into the Staff Only areas.
➢ Write Ups & Payment
- All write ups will be done by one employee, wearing gloves, to minimize contact.
- If you are able, please arrange items by Character on the rack, so we can also then bag each character individually.
- Please allow more time for write ups.
- Clients are not allowed to wait in the building during write ups, and we will call when the order is finished and no other clients are in the building to pick up the rental.
➢ Pricing Changes
- For photoshoots, independent, small budget & non-union productions that do not provide a security deposit, we insist that our own dry cleaner be used. Cleaning fees can be charged in advance and will include a 10% increase from past fees.
- Large productions with a security deposit will be allowed to use a mutually agreed upon industry-friendly dry cleaner.
- Items that cannot or should not be dry cleaned will be sanitized or washed by staff. Please bag these items separately. A cleaning fee will be applied for this service.
- Pulling fees remain the same.
- Shipping is still available, at cost to client, with an additional 10% surcharge on the overall rental.
- Please bag items by what was worn and what was not worn and TAG accordingly.
- Returns will be quarantined in a designated area for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Disinfecting, steaming, and cleaning charges will be applied to the final bill where necessary. All fees are subject to change.
➢ Facility and Infrastructure Improvements
- We have installed plexiglass barriers for everyone’s protection.
- We will only allow one client group in at a time.
- Aisles will be roped off so that we know where to clean after a client has been through an area.
- Thunder Thighs is working to create a digital Point of Sales system to improve the speed of write ups and go paperless. We hope to deploy this by the fall and will be in transition from paper to digital during this time.
- We are increasing our efforts to organize and sort small items into bags, including hats, flashes, and small accessories. If you need to look at an accessory in a Staff-Only area we can provide assistance.
- We will be rolling out Spec in the fall and charging 40% of regular fees for 48-hour rentals.
- All surfaces, ladders, and changing facilities will be cleaned after each Client visit.
- Your favorite Robot Cleaning Team (Derpy, Merpy, Swerpy and Eunice) will be hard at work keeping the shop spic and span.
- Why yes, that is an Astronaut Suit in the front hall. Ask us about rental fees.